Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Librarian

The library closes in 30 minutes. "World's Fastest Blog Post" . . . GO!

1. Helen and I went to Cannes this past Saturday . . . kind of an "on the fly" situation. We discovered there's really not much to do in Cannes. Just a lot of stores, a beach, and movie star things painted on the sides of buildings. Other than that? Meh.

2. Still haven't heard from the Apple store people about my computer. Thus why my blog posts have been few and far between. And why there have been no pictures. I'm going to call tomorrow. Be prepared though. When I get my computer back, you will be on picture OVERLOAD. I'm warning you in advance.

3. Helen's been feeling REAL crappy these past few weeks so we took her by the hospital last night to find out what's going on. Still waiting to hear back. Feel better, Helen!!

4. Blackberry also stopped working this week. Just started back today. Seriously, everything electronic I touch dies. Thanks, Mom.

5. Oh! I won 2 tickets to see Jukebox the Ghost next week in Marseille!!! WHAT! I'm SOO freaking excited, it's not even funny. They wrote on their facebook page that they were giving away free tickets, so I requested to go to Marseille. Then their manager sent me a facebook message saying I would have 2 free tickets under my name at will call!! WHAAAT??? Now...who to take.

7 minutes left.

6. My sociolinguistics teacher is crazy. And not in a good way. Not in the way that my theatre professor is crazy. No. We've been reading a case study where researchers were studying the different ways people in New York pronounce the letter /r/. So the past 2 classes she's had me stand up in front of the class and say "fourth floor" over and over again because I'm an Anglophone and no one else can do it. Then she wanted me to pronounce it like an English person would. So I did. And she turned to the class and said how horrible my English accent was! Well, yes. I'm not from England. Thankfully a super awesome girl in the back told the prof she studied in England and that it wasn't actually that bad. Thank you, super awesome girl in the back. Thank you.

Librarian is kicking me out.

Stupid computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
I See London, I See France is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.