Wednesday, February 1, 2012

i WON SNOW !

PHRASE OF THE DAY
Je me suis trompé: I was mistaken.

So I was under the impression that I had moved to the tropical paradise that is the south of France. Apparently I was wrong.

But I've never been more excited to be wrong.

My friends, and my stalking acquaintances, it has officially snowed in Nice! AH! And I didn't even have to wish for it! Snow is like Mary Poppins: you never ask it to come, but you're so happy when it does!

(The buses were actually shut down earlier yesterday because it was raining, and France will take any opportunity to avoid the work week, turning any minor problem into a major inconvenience.)

"Snow snow snow. I love snow. Here it goes down. Down into the valley. Mmm mmm mmm."

But I do love snow. So very much. So even a small flurry that most definitely didn't stick is fine by me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This past weekend I went with some friends to see our friend Camille perform in a gymnastics competition thing. It was really fun to watch! Granted most of the gymnasts were between the ages of 2 and 7. But I think Camille might be a teacher/mentor there, and she wasn't competing against these children. It was totally fair.

Okay so I took a video with my camera, but for some reason it won't upload. So here is the only picture I took before my camera died. I'm sorry it's crap.


But, you know, it's probably a good thing. My cameramanship is shoddy at best. And I feel a great sense of power and pride knowing I just prevented a few dozen headaches from several thousand miles away. But I am no god.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also the internet finally went out in my residence. I've been waiting for this to happen for a while. If I understood correctly, there was some discrepancy between the residence board and the internet provider, and they've decided to see other people. They've been very reassuring that it has nothing to do with me, and this new arrangement won't make them love me any less. They just want different things right now. I may need a few after-school assemblies to help me deal with my feelings, but I think I'll make it through.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a ticket a few nights ago to go to Geneva in 2 weeks! Since I have 3-day weekends all the time now, traveling will be exponentially easier. So I bought a plane ticket to spend the weekend in Switzerland! They speak French there, so we're good on that front. They also speak English and German. I told Michael we should rule Geneva with our forces combined, since he speaks German. We could be the duke and duchess of Geneva! (Well, I said the dutch and duchess, but he knew what I meant. Unless we wanted to rule Holland. Then we could be the dutch and duchess. But that's neither here nor there.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if you remember that movie I watched on my flight to Nice, but last night I watched it again. So of the 4 movies I've watched in the past 5 months, I've seen Paul twice. There's something wrong with that.

But this time it was in French, and in the company of friends (not that smelly pirate man), so the environment was a lot better, making the movie much more enjoyable.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And though I know you won't believe me, I'm going to tell you anyway. Yesterday I found that there's another student here from Tennessee! From Nashville! Who went to USN. It's a small world after all. And getting smaller.

Amitiés :)

UPDATE: This post title is a palindrome.

Well, a Spanish one anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
I See London, I See France is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.